Friday 15 July 2011

Project Tempest - Part 1

So... here we go, I have been thinking about blogging my progression with a Wood Elves army, I have just bought my ticket to Tempest IV and figured I would blog from the very start. I would Like to include how I paint, battle reports, people I meet and finally the tournament itself.

For this blog I wanted to make an army without using any (except for one...the coolest model ever) Games Workshop models, just so I could give people an insight into what else is available out there.

So far I have ordered and received 120 mantic elves with bows which I will be using as my Glade Guard and 80 mantic spearmen who will satisfy my need for Eternal Guard. I have 2 mages, one of which was ordered from Red Box Games and the other from Reaper Miniatures.


Now there is an interesting story as to why I have 120 Glade Guard and it goes like this...

I got 120 for £48 and thought looking at the Tempest III rules pack I would be able to field an unrestricted WE army...I had a practice game against the one and only Sean GIll (european tourney ork player...lol) and I tabled his black ass...(he did go easy on me) then they changed the rules pack and I cried and bought some spearmen. So there you have it...this is just the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment