Thursday 17 October 2013

Maul List

So I had my original list for the maul rejected. That is sad in a way as I just wanted to win with them in a none comped event and I had some pretty good ideas that I just wanted to try. However there are other tournaments more fitting for a list of that magnitude it's just a shame there isn't any other 2999pt tournaments to go to. To be fair i'm pretty proud of myself for being surely the only person to have a Wood Elf list rejected in 8th edition for it being too hard.

Thank god for Timmy Comp!!!

Anyway...moving on to the revised list. I had a look at many things and the 2 lords on Eagles and 4 nobles on eagles seemed like the best option...until I realised I would have to paint 3 more eagles and buy more warhawk riders...that's a real shame because that is a nice list and its not often you can take infinite flyers...so I ended up going with the usual sort of stuff. The core choices in the WE book basically force you to take glade guard because they are so much better than anything else and again I have the models to field them at a tournament of 2999 (with a few unit fillers ofc)

So I have gone for massive massive magic defence since the maul is none comp with regard to magic, so no LOS or anything like that I think it's really important to kill peoples magic phases...in fact just writing this now makes me depressed about the whole thing...fuck's sake... :( I'm going to be going up against stupid lizardmen magic and dark elf magic spam and have all my small units dreaded 13th off the board.

Here's my list anyway. It's open list at the maul so there is no reason not to post this before the tournament.I think the most unusual thing here in this list is the build I have gone for on my General with the Oaken Armour...yeah who takes regen these days when you could have a ward save? Well hes designed to kill blood thirsters, lords on dragons and daemon princes...or anything with flaming attacks.

LORDS - 589pts

Lvl 4 Spellweaver, Life, Wand of Wych Elm, Moonstone - 340pts

Highborn, Great weapon, Annoyance of Nettlings, Oaken Armour, Dragonbane Gem, Other Tricksters Shard, shield - 249pts

HEROES - 654pts

Noble BSB, Asyendis Bane, Hail of Doom Arrow - 130pts

LVL1 Spellsinger, Scroll - 115pts

LVL1 Spellsinger, Feedback Scroll - 140pts

Branchwraith, Cluster of Radiants - 90pts

Noble, Eagle, Dragonhelm, Amatharine Brooch, Biting Blade, light armour, shield - 179pts

CORE - 1224pts

13 Glade Guard, Musician - 162pts
13 Glade Guard, Musician - 162pts
13 Glade Guard, musician - 162pts
13 Glade Guard, musician - 162pts
13 Glade Guard, musician - 162pts
13 Glade Guard, musician - 162pts
10 Glade Guard, musician - 126pts
10 Glade Guard, musician - 126pts

Special - 432pts

18 Eternal Guard + musician - 222pts

5 Wardancers - 90pts

3 Warhawk Riders - 120pts

RARE - 100pts

2 Great Eagles - 100pts

KILLER - JASON

TOTAL - 2999pts

No comments:

Post a Comment