Sunday 13 November 2011

Saturday at York Garrison 2 mini battle reports.

So this Saturday saw the monthly all dayer @yorkgarrison come round (time sure does fly by) Steve Scribbins joined the rest of OG North for some games and I played Rob Ing and Sean Gill. There is a battle report in the making of Sean Gill vs Steve Scribbins but I am awaiting the pictures from Steve. So I will go through my 2 No Holes Barred practice games here. They are not proper battle reports more of an overview of the games, when you see what happens you will understand.

Game 1 (2000pts vs Sean Gill's High Elves)

Sean had a hard time with his list for NHB as he wanted to take an army that was fun to play, however he didn't want to get tabled in every game so in the end he took a list which he referred to as "everything that's wrong in warhammer" lol I found that hilarious. His list was the following...

2 Great Eagles
Lvl 4 with Heavens
Lvl 1 With Heavens (ability to pick spells also)
BsB
100 spearmen...yeah thats right...100 spearmen

I had my Glade Guard list. Here's what happened.
Sean deployed with his arse in the corner flanked by 2 eagles I deployed in range with most of my army.
I won the roll off to go first, I moved forward and shot, 3 diced throne and Flesh to stone (its worth noting that Gill said to me he had the banner of the world dragon so his unit is magic immune...) I dind't bother casting Dwellers. Killed a few Spearmen and 2 eagles...Seans go, he moves backwards and 6 dice comet, I let it go, then another comet from his lvl 1, fails to cast.

Next turn same thing happens and I dispell scroll a comet and dispell the other
Next turn exactly the same except Sean now sensing me gettign close enought to charge and put attacks on his mages...turns his army around to face the back of the board so I could only charge his rear...I shoot some more, he comets. Last part of the game 2 spearmen left and all his characters I shot 20 Archers into his unit and cant kill the spearmen due to randomizing hits. I kill a lvl 2 and win the game 1208 on points as Sean fails to kill anything of mine. I used regrowth a lot to bring back dead archers.

Funily enough I really enjoyed the game it was like a giant game of frogger except the frog was my green army and instead of cars there were comets coming down. hehe.

I will post a bit about my game with Rob tomorrow as I need to watch battlestar Galactica right now with my girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment