Wednesday 9 November 2011

Wednesday Night Game vs Sean Gill

I just got home from @yorkgarrison where I had a game agains @apostlegillus' Ogre Kingdoms. We set up and rolled for spells.

Gill's army was 6 cat cav, 13 Ironguts, a lvl 4 a lvl 2 and a bsb, not sure if he had any other characters, he also had one of those big mammoth things.
I took my No holes Barred list for practice which is (if you don't already know) 18 waywatchers, 80 glade guard, BSB, Noble, Lvl 4 with life.

Gill got the first turn and ran his army at me, he 6 diced the spell that gives +1 toughness to everyone within 12" then lost d3 levels (1) and the spell but it didnt matter as I now needed 5s and 6s to wound next turn. He then failed to cast medium fireball on my unit of 9 waywatchers.

My turn 1 I moved all my archers back to give him 7/8 dice charge rolls next turn and I kept the archers on the flank in close range (15") In the magic phase Gill used hell heart and forced a miscast on my mage, i rolled 9 and was pretty much fine although I could cast no magic this turn. In the shooting phase I took out the mammoth, 1 Cat cav (though I needed 5s to wound at close range and 6's at long range cus of his +1 Toughness spell) I kinda wasted the hail of doom arrow but I thought I wouldnt get another opportunity to use it. He made all his panic checks.

Gill turn 2. He marched his ironguts to withing short range of my mage's unit. I think he charged his cat cav at my unit of 22 bowmen and failed the charge and I took off another 2 wounds. In the magic phase he six diced big fireball at my waywatchers and I used my dispel scroll.

My turn 2. I moved my mage in between his 2 units so he couldnt be charged then I moved everything into close range for shooting, I moved my BSB units 5 inches away from his cat cav (so I couldnt stand and shoot if charged) Magic phase, I got 8 dice, cast throne of vines and 6 dice (with a double 6) dwellers on his big unit but he bounced it onto another unit with a magic item, unfortunately for him his gnoblers were out of range so it went on the cat cav...but he made all his str tests. Then I proceeded to shoot the shit out of his army killing 2 cat cav and 4 ogres, which I thought was pretty poor but gill thought it was good shooting. He again made all his panic tests.

Gill Turn 3. Declares a charge on my BSB unit I declare stand and shoot and reveal I have the "Aech - the banner of springtide" and shoot down one of the remaining 2 cat cav, GIll fails the panic test then fails the reroll then concedes, he then says "fantasy is shit" and we go to the chippy and get fish and chips cus the food on offer at the folk hall was poor.

In the chippy we are served by 3 barely legal and really hot girls and all is well again. I cant wait for tempest again cus there is no satisfaction in winning games with this filth army and there will only be bitterness in defeat when I lose to even more filthy loophole finding rule bending pedantic wankers at no holes barred.


Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment